Sheboygan Area School District
The Sheboygan Area School District (SASD) is not educating the children of Sheboygan. The district’s overall state report card is rated 385 out of 421 school districts in the state of Wisconsin. That places it at the bottom 9% in the state of Wisconsin.
This means that 91% of school districts in Wisconsin are doing better for their children than the SASD. When you look at the state report cards for the largest high schools in the SASD, it gets even worse:
- North High - 56.3 - Meets few expectations
- South High - 41.2 - Fails to meet expectations
- Central High - 27.4 - Fails to meet expectations
Here is the fact: 91% of all high school students in the SASD attend a high school that meets few expectations or fails to meet expectations.
In looking at student achievement data of these three high schools, there is great reason to be alarmed. Let’s look deeper.
Central High School
- 88% of students are below basic in English Language Arts
- 85% of students are below basic in Math
- 7-year cohort graduation rate - 94.7%
- 77% of students basic or below in English Language Arts
- 77% of students basic or below in Math
- 7-year cohort graduation rate - 91.5%
- 67% of students basic or below basic in English Language Arts
- 61% of students basic or below basic in Math
- 7-year cohort graduation rate - 92.7%
Think about this! The large majority of our high school students are basic or below in Reading, Writing and Math! Yet, the large majority of students still graduate from the SASD!
How are so many students that are struggling in basic skills still graduating from the SASD? What is a diploma from the SASD really worth?
With these academic failures, one would think that the SASD would consider opening its recent superintendent search to candidates outside of the district. Instead, the SASD decided to promote an internal candidate to be the next superintendent.
If you are satisfied with these academic results, do nothing!
However, if you feel that the SASD has failed to deliver an acceptable return on your investment (taxes), the time is now for you to act! Share this message and create an awareness of how the SASD is failing our community and our children!
What to do!
- Join the new Facebook group – TakeBackOurSchools –https://www.facebook.com/groups/sheboygancountytakebackourschools
- Tell your family, friends, co-workers to join and read the weekly messages that will be the impetus for major improvements in our schools.
**SASD data is from the 2022 Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction Report Card.